Water Heater Repair in Suffolk County, NY
Solutions for Common Water Heater Problems on Long Island
Although we often take hot water for granted, the water heater is among the most important appliances in any home. Taking a shower, washing dishes, and doing the laundry is almost impossible without hot water. If you are having a problem with the hot water in your home, call Order a Plumber Inc.. We install, repair, and replace water heaters in Suffolk County and across Long Island.
Common Water Heater Problems
Whether you think about it or not, you utilize your water heater on a daily basis. You need it to shower, wash dishes, do laundry, and more. Therefore, when your water heater is on the fritz, it's important to give our Suffolk County water heater repair plumbers a call.
Five of the most common water heater problems are:
- No hot water: This is a clear sign that something is wrong with your unit. If your water heater is gas-powered, it could be an issue with your pilot light. No hot water can also be due to your thermocouple or heating element needing to be replaced.
- Not enough hot water: If your hot showers suddenly turn icy, it could be that you don't have the thermostat set high enough. Be careful, as setting it too high could cause scalding. We'll inspect your unit and get to the bottom of the issue, restoring reliable hot water.
- Odd noises: Subtle noises while your water heater runs are perfectly normal. However, louder, more unusual noises, are clear signs you have a problem. Be sure to call us if you hear rumbling, squealing, popping, or cracking.
- Leaks: There are many possible causes for your water heater to leak. If it's just an issue with the drain valve, we can repair it. However, if you have a tank water heater and it's leaking due to corrosion, we might suggest replacement instead.
- Corrosion: While corrosion is typically a sign that you need to replace your water heater, you can make it work if your unit is only partially corroded. Replacing some of the corroded parts can help you gain some time to save up for a new unit.
Does Turning Up Your Water Heater Make Hot Water Last Longer?
Turning up the heat in your water heater will cause hotter water to stay in the tank longer. However, it is recommended to keep your water heater between 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit. Turning your water heater up too high will raise your electricity bill and will reduce the water heater's lifespan.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
Many water heater issues can be solved with repairs, but others may require replacing your water heater.
Replacement may be the better option when the water heater is:
- More than 10 years old
- Leaking from the base of the tank
- Leaving your hot water with a rust color
- Making banging noises
Our plumbers can come to your home and inspect your water heater. We can often repair the unit by replacing the damaged component. If repair is not possible, we will explain why and recommend replacement. In addition to repairs, we can help you avoid breakdowns with regular service for your water heater.
New Water Heater Installation
If it is time for a new water heater, we can inspect your home, assess your family’s hot water needs, and recommend the model that is best suited to meet your demand. We provide installation of conventional water heaters with a storage tank as well as tankless models. Our plumbers make sure all water heaters are properly installed for reliable operation.
Call (631) 223-7644 to schedule repair, service, or new water heater installation in Suffolk County, NY.
“Me and my family are happy campers.”
“This is one of the best responders to any Plumbing Emergency.”
“You are my go to guys!”
“They're always reliable and do a great job.”
“No need to shop for another!!!”
“Order a plumber came immediately, located and repaired the problem right away.”
“The office sent the service plumber back the next day to help me.”
“Fast Service! Honest answers!”
“Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a plumber.”
“They are very professional and fair.”
“Will definitely be using them again!”
“Did an outstanding job fixing my shower.”
“If you need a plumber look no further you won't be disappointed.”
“Definitely one of my best subcontractors.”
“You will be given top notch service with no nonsense.”
7 Basic Plumbing Tools Every Homeowner Should Have
Get the Best Flush: How to Choose the Best Toilet for Your Needs
5 Benefits of Natural Gas Boilers for Your Home